Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday's Assignment

This afternoon, we:
"Set off from the bus station, and go east on Main Street."
  1. Complete our writing tasks from last week. If you have not finished your field trip report, please do it now. Feel free to use some of the phrasal verbs you've learnt, e.g. get on, set off, stop off.
  2. Think about giving directions on this SPEAK test sample (pp. 6-7). Write your response to the following questions and record it on chirbit.com for publication on your blog:
    1. Choose one place on the map that you think I should visit and give me some reasons why you recommend this place. (30 seconds)
    2. 2. I'd like to see a movie. Please give me directions from the bus station to the movie theatre. (30 seconds)

Good morning and welcome back!
This week, we consider the theme of travel and transportation, especially about driving in Ontario.
Is this picture funny? Discuss all the verbs used.
How many of your classmates have driving licences here?
Here are your tasks for this morning:
  1. Role play with a partner: A Traffic Report
  2. Listening & Vocabulary: A Traffic Jam
  3. Using the verbs you have learnt from the cartoon and the vocabulary from the role play and listening exercises, write a list of 10 sentences about what could happen if someone would only do something, e.g. 
    1. I could go to Niagara Falls today if only my teacher would let me; 
    2. I could drive faster if the rain would stop; 
    3. If people would stop drinking and driving, the roads could be a lot safer; or, 
    4. If you would hand me your credit card, my day would be so much better.
  4. Rewrite the caption for the above cartoon using your own words. Ask if your classmates find it funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer key to editing checklist appetizer

  Int excel